As we all knew and witnessed in various social media platforms, such as YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook, the current era is the new age of personal video. It is an era where anyone can take videos using their phones and edit them in a snap of their fingers. That’s how easy video editing nowadays, and that’s all thanks to the continuous development of the video editor app for mobile users. Today, we would like to present to you a video editing app that can make video editing simple yet professional-looking. The zShot video editor from Mafooly apps is one of the easiest and amazing video editing apps that you can ever imagine. To start using the app, simply follow the complete step-by-step guide below, and you’ll be amazed at what you can create using zShot.
Table of Contents
How to Trim/Cut Videos using zShot?
How To Change The Canvas of a Video in zShot?
How to Speed up or Slow Down your videos with zShot?
How to flip videos in zShot?
How to rotate videos in zShot?
Add Music in zShot
Add text in zShot
How to add images in zShot app?
How to add stickers in zShot?
How to Record audio in zShot
Adding Filters in zShot
How to add Video Effects in zShot?
Adjust your Video with zShot’s Basic Adjustment Tools
zShot app is an all-in-one video editor from Mafooly that has powerful editing tools to help you create stunning videos. The Tools feature of zShot includes Trim/Cut, Canvas, Speed, Flip and Rotate.
When making videos, whether for YouTube, or other social media platforms, you will often find yourself working with a clip that has irrelevant scenes. In this walkthrough, I will cover how to use one of the editing tools of zShot – the Trim or Cut tools. Trimming down clips in zShot is pretty easy if you just follow these easy instructions. You can remove a few seconds of dead time at the beginning or at the end of your video, and create a professional video content to your preference.
Follow The Steps Below:
- Launch the zShot app from your Home screen.
- Click on Edit Existing video or tap the Record and edit tab from zShot interface.
- If you choose Edit Existing Video, you will be directed to your photo album. Then, choose the video you want to edit.
- Tap Tools, and click Trim or Cut.
- Tap and hold on the left or right side of the timeline to engage the trimming tool.
- Drag the anchor left or right to trim/cut.
- Tap and hold an anchor to expand the timeline for more accruate editing.
- Tap Check mark on the upper right corner of your video timeline.
- Then, you may add additional video and trim it again to your liking.
Traditionally, televisions, monitors, and camera displays have an aspect ratio of 16:9 – a rectangle shape (width by height). You probably remember back when a TV was a lot small – 4:3 – and today there’s plenty to be said about designing vertical videos for mobile devices or square videos for Instagram. Changing the video canvas of your video gives you plenty of options to play with and can really expand your video arsenal. Here’s how to change canvas using zShot’s editing tool.
- Download and Install zShot app.
- To download zShot, go to the Apple store, search for Video editor zShot. Click download and wait to install. Launch the app after installing it.
- Record or Use saved Video from your device.
- You may click record video and you can capture video real-time using zShot, then edit it later. If you have saved videos that you want to change the canvas, you can tap the menu “Edit existing video”. Choose the video you want to edit.
- Change the video canvas under Tools Feature.
- You can see the tools feature at the lower left bottom of the zShot interface. Tap it and look for Canvas. The Canvas settings let you choose 9 video aspect ratio.
- Aspect ratio choices of zShot canvas tool:
- Select ratio by dragging the canvas timeline from right to left.
- Once you select your ratio, your project canvas will show on the video timeline.
- Click the checkmark to save the canvas chosen.
If you want to make your video content faster or slower than the original speed, you can use zShot’s editing tool – Speed. Just follow the steps below and you’ll learn how to speed up or slow down your videos easily.
- Choose a video from your iPhone’s gallery or record video in real-time.
- Launch zShot, click Edit existing video or record and edit menu tab on the zShot main interface.
- Initiate Video Editing Option
- Once you’re in the main editing interface of zShot, click tools. Look for the Speed icon
- Adjust Video Playback Speed
- At the bottom of the new panel where you will see the Speed. Drag the slide bar to choose the playback speed you want to set your video content.
- 1/5x (slowest. 1/5x slower than original speed)
- 1x (normal)
- 2x (fast. 2x faster than original speed)
- 3x (fast. 3x faster than original speed)
- 4x (faster. 4x faster than original speed)
- 5x (faster. 5x faster than original speed)
Flipping a video lets you change the impact of your video image. You can use zShot to flip a video. If your video content shows motion scenes, you may want it to move from left to right so it will appear more natural. You may also want text or images in the video appear mirrored. See below the step by step procedure to flip a video in zShot.
- Launch zShot app.
- Open zShot app and click edit existing video.
- Select a video to flip
- Choose a video from your gallery that you want to flip.
- Then, the video will appear in the editing interface after you compress it.
- Tool Menu: At the bottom part of your video editing timeline, you’ll see the tool features.
- Click it and select flip from the list of tools.
- Choose a Video Orientation
- You can flip horizontally or vertically in zShot.
- Select the orientation you want and tap the check mark icon at the upper right corner of the editing tab.
- Share or Export Flipped Video
- After you finish flipping your video content, click the share or export video icon at the upper right corner of zShot’s video timeline interface.
- Wait until you finish exporting your video before you exit zShot.
Have you ever filmed a video that was saved in the wrong orientation? Or have you ever wanted to rotate videos to your liking? With zShot’s rotate feature, you can easily change the orientation of you video content. Here’s how.
- Open zShot app
- Click edit existing video.
- You will then be directed to your phone’s gallery.
- Choose a video that you want to rotate by tapping “Choose”
- For a few seconds, zShot will compress the video, and then it will be readily available for editing.
- Select Tool Feature.
- In the zShot editing interface, you will see your video clip and three main features at the bottom part of the video timeline.
- Tap Tool settings, and choose rotate.
- Rotate Video.
- Select rotate orientation from the following:
- 90 degrees
- 180 degrees
- 270 degrees
- Tap check mark and then save your video.
Edit videos with zShot’s Object features. You can add music, text. Images, and even your own voice record to improve the quality of your video content.
Take your video to the next level and learn how to add music to your content. With zShot’s Object features, you can easily add songs you like or record your own audio or songs. Below are the simple steps you can follow to groove with your own music videos.
- Open zShot app and record video or edit existing video from your gallery.
- In the zShot editing interface, look for the object features at the bottom part of your video timeline.
- Select add music icon.
- Record own audio or add music from zShot’s library or your phone’s music library.
- Click the check mark icon and the music will be automatically added to your video.
Add text to your video and make your own branding. Here’s how:
- Launch the zShot app
- Click edit existing video.
- Choose a video from your gallery and you’ll be directed to the zShot editing interface.
- Tap Object feature setting at the bottom part of the video timeline.
- Look for “Text.” Click it.
- Select a style and text color you want from the wide range of zShot’s text collection.
- Save the video and export.
Do you want to make something cool with your videos? With zShot, you can add images to your video content. You can also add your own watermark.
- Start zShot app.
- Record or edit existing videos.
- If you choose to edit an existing video, you will be directed to your photo gallery.
- Select the video you want to edit.
- Tap choose and wait for zShot to compress the video.
- At the zShot editing interface, select object features.
- Tap add images.
- You will then be directed to your phone’s gallery.
- Select the image you want to add to your video.
- The image will then be automatically added to your video.
- Resize the image and place it on your video.
- Tap the checkmark icon, click export, and save.
Videos can make us smile, laugh and deliver a significant impact to viewers when you put stickers in it. For example, you want to express love in your video, you can put some heart emoji’s in your video. In this post, you will learn how to add stickers in your video using zShot.
- Download and install the zShot on your iPhone. Then, launch it.
- Choose Edit existing video or record video in zShot. You will be prompted to select a clip in your gallery or record a video using your phone’s camera. Then, the video will be available for editing.
- Edit your selected video using Object features. Tap it and select the add stickers’ icon.
- zShot will show a list of stickers you can use to express emotions in your video.
- After you have added stickers, click the check mark icon.
- Then save or export your video.
When making a video content, you may want to add your own audio to narrate or to make your video appear professional. Record a voiceover and put in anywhere in your video with zShot. Here’s how:
- Start zShot app.
- Click edit existing video and choose a clip in your gallery.
- Or, you can record video in real-time.
- Afterwards, you can edit your video in the editing interface of zShot. Similar to the picture below.
- Select Object features setting and click the voiceover icon or the microphone icon in the menu settings.
- You will then be directed to your video timeline.
- Tap the arrow button to start recording. After you’ve finished adding your audio or voiceover, tap the stop icon. Then, click the checkmark icon to save.
The zShot’s editor has a bottom menu where you navigate the enhance feature and it’s tool.
Click enhance and then look for Filters.
zShot has a variety of filters that you can use to enhance and change the quality of your videos. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide that you can follow to create stunning video filters.
- Download zShot
- Download and install the zShot app from apple store.
- After installing the app, launch it to open.
- zShot’s homepage
- At zShot’s homepage, you have two options in editing videos. You can click either “Edit existing video” or “record and Edit.”
- Video Selection.
- Select the video you want to filter and the app will compress the video before you can navigate the editor.
- Filter Video.
- After tapping filter, you’ll see a wide array of filter effects. These filters are the following, Bloom, Process, Pixelate, Instant, Tone Curve, Vibrance, Fade, Transfer, and Mono. From the list of filters, choose the right filter that will match your video content.
- Upload Video.
- Click the check mark icon at the right side of the editor to apply the chosen filter to your photo.
- Click export and Save. You will now see a percentage circle that calculated the time left to export the video.
You don’t need high-tech gadgets to add cool effects to your videos. You only need the zShot app. zShot comes with a wide array of video effects that you can use. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide in editing your videos and adding effects.
- Install zShot
- To install zShot, go to the apple store and look for zShot app. Download and install it to your phone. Launch after installing.
- Add media to zShot.
- In the homepage, tap “edit Existing Video” or “Record and Edit.” Once you have a video to edit, zShot will compress it and you’ll be directed to the editor.
- Edit video.
- To edit your video and add effects, choose “enhance” feature at the lower panel of the zShot editor. Click it and you’ll see three different tools for video editing. Tap the “effects” icon that looks like a magic wand.
- Add Effects.
- You can add effects to your video by simply tapping the desired effects from the bottom menu bar of the editor. zShot has simple, cool and unique effects that you can try on your videos. Look at the picture below.
- Apply the Effects.
- Click the check mark icon at the right corner of the menu tab to apply the chosen video effects. See Picture.
- Export and Save.
- Finally, tap the export and save at the upper right corner of the zShot editor. You will then have to wait for about a few seconds until zShot finishes exporting your video. DO not close the screen of your phone while your video is exporting.
Adjustment tools are the basic features you’ll need to create stunning and professional-looking videos. To edit your videos using zShot’s adjustment tools, just follow the steps below:
- Open zShot app and add video to the zShot editor.
- To add video, import by tapping “Edit Existing Video” in the zShot’s homepage.
- Edit Videos using the Adjustment tools.
- Go to Enhance feature tab and click adjustments. (see picture below)
- You will now see 6 basic adjustment tools and these are the following: Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Tint, Exposure and Temperature.
- To edit any of these tools, simply drag the circle button along the line below. Move it from left to right to adjust the strength of the adjustment tool.
The contrast of an image refers to the difference between the dark and light pixel. Adjusting the contrast can make an image more vivid or more subdued.
You can customize the overall lightness or darkness of your clip by adjusting the brightness tool.
To improve your video’s color and appearance, you can use zShot’s saturation tool. Saturation controls the intensity of the colors of your clips and therefore enhance overall video quality.
Saturation and temperature go hand in hand. Color temperature means to adjust the light source of a video content. Low temperature means warmer colors and high temperature means colder colors (blue light).
To add spice to your video content, you can try the tint tool from zShot. Tint can help shift your videos toward specific hues.
If you shoot footage in lowlight, and you want it become brighter, then use the exposure tool. Exposure controls the amount of light in your video.